149 pp. monograph (in Serbian) on the 13th-century monastery church in the district of Novi Pazar in western Serbia and its outstanding wall paintings, notes, summary in English, list of illus. in Serbian and English, over 25 text illus. incl. plans, inscriptions, etc., 19 pp. of schematic drawings with bilingual captions interpreting the iconography, 61 plates (60 in fine color tipped in) with bilingual captions facing. 4to. Dec. cloth. Belgrade 1963. (Umetnichki Spomenitsi Jugoslavije). Formerly in the collection of Time/Life Books, with their stamp.
The small, isolated church on a hillside has some of the greatest treasures of late Byzantine painting in the Balkans. Book ID: 1802