107 pp. text on the Gothic chapel in Barcelona, including a description of the church, a historical review, information on the construction, and notes on artistic and architectural details, appendix, notes including some bibliographic information. Illustrated throughout with technical drawings and architectural elevations, including one folding plate. Tall 8vo. New cloth boards, gilt-stamped title to spine. Barcelona (C. de F. Giró/Asociación de Arquitectos de Cataluña) 1895.
The Royal Chapel of St. Agatha was built on Plaza del Ray in the center of Barcelona's Gothic quarter in 1302, commissioned by King James II of Aragon and his wife Blanca of Naples to join the Palau Reial Major and replace the ancient oratory that stood in its place. Today, along with the Salón de Tinell, the chapel forms part of the Museo de Historia de Barcelona. As of September 2015, WorldCat locates 4 holdings in North American institutions. Book ID: 48341