A complete run in 15 issues of the Czech catalogs of unofficial, conceptual art from the period of normalization, produced by the Jazz Section (Jazzová Sekce), under the editorial direction of Karel Srp Jr., then the head of Jazzová Sekce, and with overall design by Joska Skalník, covering various forms of media including drawings, performance art, happenings, collage, and photography, and including text, lists of exhibitions, and biographical information. Profusely illustrated throughout with numerous full-page photographic reproductions. 4to. Orig. wrpps. Prague (Jazzová Sekce) 1979-1983.
Jazzová Sekce was an organization of jazz musicians that legally organized within the Czechoslovakian Musicians' Union in 1971, and thereby gained the right to publish bulletins for use by its members. However, they went against policy by publishing material not only related to music, but also to unofficial art and theater. Situace evolved from a column of the same name that first appeared in Bulletin Jazz in 1978. The artists covered were outside of the official art scene, rarely showing in galleries, and each issue or catalog is focused on a different artist. Very scarce; as of September 2017, WorldCat locates three complete runs in North America and scattered issues at only two other American institutions.
The 15 titles are as follows:
1. Adriena Šimotová. Koláže Objekty Kresby.
2. Karel Miler. Možnosti.
3. Jitka Svobodová. Kresby Objekty.
4. Milan Grygar. Kresby.
5. Emila Medková. Fotografie.
6. Stanislav Kolíbal. Mezi Prostorem a Plochou.
7. Jan Svoboda. Fotografie.
8. Eva Kmentová. Kresby Plastiky.
9. Libor Fára. Dialog Projektu Okno.
10. Václav Boštík. Obrazy.
11. Petr Štembera. Performance.
12. Karel Malich. V domí a Kosmické Energie.
13. Dalibor Chatrný. Prostorové Orientace.
14. Hugo Demartini. Modely.
15. Vladimír Janoušek. Zm ny. Book ID: 48731