Group of 1960's-1980's mostly political buttons, approximately 120 total, a few duplicates, grouped on a hanging piece of woven green cloth, representing a wide range of groups and causes affiliated with gay rights, women's rights, US/Cuba Friendshipment, the war in the Middle East, abortion rights, pacifism, civil unrest in Latin America, apartheid, and environmentalism, among others. Mostly coated paper, plastic, and metal, a couple of enameled pins. Some with slight rusting to backs ro slight fading of imagery, very minor soiling, overall very good condition. Buttons range in diameter, approx. 3/4 inch to 2-1/2 inches. Various, 1960's-1980's.
A visually striking collection from an important period in American political and activist history.
Some of the buttons included in this collection are:
- "Free Mumia Abu-Jamal - End the racist death penalty, National People's Campaign"
- "MADRE - Joining hands & hearts with the women & children of Central America & the Caribbean"
- "SHARE THE EARTH - Trans-Species Unlimited"
- "Fight Injustice at Home - No War in the Middle East, Coalition to Stop U.S. Intervention in the Middle East"
- "Stop U.S. $ for Salvadoran Death Squads"
- "Americans United to Save legal Abortion"
- "Shut Them Down - Mobilization for Survival"
- "Pro-Choice Men are Sexy"
- "Ronbo Must Go"
- "Stop Ocean Dumping"
- "Who's Afraid of a Little Yellow School Bus? - U.S. - Cuba Friendshipment"
- "Feed the People, Not the Pentagon"
- "Heal aids with loving kindness"
- "El Salvador is Spanish for Viet Nam"
- "No one is free, when others are oppressed"
- "Boycott Grapes"
- "BUSHED but not defeated!" Book ID: 50268